Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Barcelona

Wi-Fi has been spotty lately. Luckily that didn't stop me from mailing a lot of postcards :-) But before I continue, I want to say Happy Birthday to my sister Mari. She turned 23 yesterday! I hope you had a great time.

Last night we took the night train to Barcelona. As we were riding along, I thought of all the languages I hear everywhere we go. You really need to have a working understanding of 3 languages to live here. But it would be the same way in the US if we spoke different languages in every state. Imagine if you went to Louisiana and they only spoke French. You would learn the language more everytime you passed through.

I also thought about all the people here who will probably never leave this place. Just like a lot of people in the US, this is their whole world. It's overwhelming to think about all of the places which I have never seen or been a part of. All the people I don't know. All the stories those people could tell. All we can hope for is a glimpse, and even that can be overpowering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need the dog's Vet name in A. to get her groomed. Send it ASAP...Dad