Friday, December 26, 2008

Art Appreciation

So it's day two of "roughing it" in Madrid. I woke up this morning and realized I have no razor, no deoderant, and no gel. I was going to have to take to the streets with a old tshirt, a light beard, wild hair, and no odor protection. In other words, I am slowly turning into a European ;-)

Today we went to see the Prado, a museum in madrid that is home to Velasquez's "las meninas" as well as paintings by Rembrandt, Picasso, el Greco, and Caravaggio. We also saw Picasso's "Guernica" and fresco's by Goya. I'm glad gianna is here to explain all the art to me. Tomorrow it is onward to Toledo and Lisbon, Portugal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u get ur bag?
Dad

Mary Anne said...

Raul!! I found your blog through Julie's - just in time also! I can't wait to read about your European adventures!!