Sunday, December 21, 2008

3 Days to go.

I have 3 days until I jump on a plane and fly to Europe. Oh my god. I will be in Spain and Portugal for 13 days. Yes, I speak spanish. No, not well. I can't even begin to attempt Portugese. I have outfitted myself with everything I think I would need. And it all has to fit in my new backpack from REI. What an adventure. I have a new memory card for the camera. I think it can hold around 4000 pictures. I don't plan on taking that many pictures, but you never know. A wedding photographer will take 700 photos in 4 hours. I am frantically straightening up the apartment and washing clothes. Emma knows something is up, but she's not quite sure yet what it is. From her face, I would say, she thinks we are moving again. Poor thing. Oh well, she gets to spend two weeks with her grandparents in Dallas running amok, so I can't feel too badly.

I have a confession to make. I have been skittish around customs officials since the time my dad wore his Pablo Escobar costume to the canadian border and got us detained. I keep practing what I am going to say to the customs officials. "No tengo drugas." "No tengo frutas." "Soy un americano." "dos semanas" "No, no hablas espanol." Or I can be like Kelly and confess up-front about my oregano: "It's just herbs! Just herbs!!"

My plan is to blog once a day while I am overseas. Even now that seems like a tall order. I will not have my computer, but I will have my Ipod Touch, and we will see if that works in the WiFi cafes. I hope to get pictures on here as well, but at the moment, I have no plan on how to do that. Check back here during the next couple of days :)

1 comment:

Crazy May Days said...

Ridiculous I tell you... I mean all they had to do was smell it to know it was Oregeno. And...they weren't even going to check.

Don't be nervous about customs... you are a pro at unpacking your bags seeing as how you are "randomly" selected everytime you fly.

I am SO excited to see you on Tuesday night!