Friday, April 17, 2009

I should be reported to Blog Protective Services

I agree.. It's ridiculous. I mean, why start a blog if you are going to treat it with utter neglect, and wait a MONTH! between posts. I sincerely apologize to my two readers. Mom and Dad, i promise to write more ;-)

Ok so wow, lots to catch up on. In the utter chaos that now roughly resembles my life, a lot can happen in a month. Truth be told, I was working on this huge "special edition" South By Southwest (SXSW) blog post that was going to blow everyone away... I briefly had visions of a Pulitzer.... but it never really materialized. And after awhile, it just seemed, like, oh hell, the moment has passed... you know? Long story short, it was an amazing time, it was a loud time, it was a naked-people-in-the-apartment-pool-at-3-a.m. time (no, I was not involved), it was a climb-onto-the-roof-of-the-apartment-building-to-see-Ben Harper-and-Third-Eye-Blind time (I was very much involved), and it was a let's-take-Sunday-to-reset-body-chemistry and get some sleep time. I really haven't had that kind of crazy, toeing the line sort of fun since college.


It was also at SXSW that I met someone whom I briefly dated for a couple of weeks. I won't go into details, because I don't do that kind of thing over the internet. But the experience did teach me alot. I think it has become quite clear to the people around me that I have healed pretty well from the pain I went through last year. Originally, I had thought that once I had moved on, I would be ready to start seeing other women again... However, I'm quickly learning that I kinda like where I am right now. I think God is giving me a little time to just be me. I enjoy the freedom Emma and I have to pretty much set our own schedule. I like hanging out with all the new friends I have made. And honestly, I'm just not in a rush to find someone new... I'll go out on dates, but I'm not forcing anything. Closing in on 28, that might sound silly to my family - after all, almost every cousin within 3 years of me is married with at least 1 child. But I'm holding out for that deepest kind of love again. And I'll know when it comes, whether it's tomorrow or years from now.

Speaking of such things, Andy Hogg, a college buddy of mine, just got married last weekend. I flew to North Carolina to help him celebrate the occasion and was able to see a lot of old friends. It's great when you can just pick up where you left off with certain people. It's like you never really leave that place, and that person has just been waiting for you to come back. I've always felt this way about my car team brethren. Even though we've now been apart longer than we were together, no one lets go of the friendships.




Ok, I'm done chatting for now. I have to get back to studying. My PE exam is a week from today! And the triathlon is the weekend after that! Come May 4th, I'm not going to know what to do with my time anymore ;-)

2 comments:

Crazy May Days said...

Ah-heeem. 2 readers? Gabe is very offended.

Liz said...

and me!